Thursday, March 31, 2011

The View from the Audience of the Band Trip

Wow, I am so glad I read this blog. I learned that the band bus broke down on the way to the contest, and there was a milkshake-induced barf-o-rama on the way back. Matt told me none of this on the day of his performance. I must remember to read this blog more often.

Here are a few photos from the day of the band competition:


This event was held at a local high school up the road. There were several middle schools from surrounding districts.


The audience got the "no flash photography" lecture, but I was able to get this photo of Matt's group while they were setting up.


They played three songs and were very good. They faced three judges who sat among the audience.

After they left the stage, the band went into another room for a sight reading competition. Once they were set up, they received sheet music that they had never seen before. They had seven minutes to look at it, practice with their fingers and listen to their teacher. After that they had to play the song from sight, having never practiced it before. They were fantastic. I wish I could have recorded it because you wouldn't know this was their first time playing the song.

As Matt said in the previous post, they received all 1's for scores. They were the only school to do so. It was a great day, except for the broken bus. And the barfing. Matt made it through unscathed however and lived to write about it.

1 comment:

kona said...

Gee I guess no one like your recap because you don't have any comments.