For school next year, Matthew gets one elective class. His choices are band, orchestra, choir or theatre/art.
I thought he'd choose choir, but peer pressure and good marketing by the instructor led Matthew to choose band.
Yesterday was instrument selection day. Since this is Texas, it's very much like when high school football players select which university they will attend. There's ceremony involved.
We went to the school and filled out a card in the band room. Matthew sat with the director and another instructor for a total of 15 minutes. He tried three instruments: clarinet, coronet, and saxophone.
Once he made his selection, there was a congratulations from the teachers. Then he had to go to the wall and sign his name on a paper under the instrument he chose.
Clarinet.
3 comments:
Our future Benny Goodman! Go Matt!
Well, hopefully he will do better then I did playing the clarinet. I just pretended I was playing which worked until I figured out that at some point I was going to have to play in front of the teacher alone. It was then that I realized I wasn't cut out to be in the band.
is he still playing the clarinet?? Emma started playing the euphonium this year(or baritone horn as some call it)
Post a Comment